Our Jessner Peel (14%) is a popular formula that is well suited for clients with extensive skin damage, cystic acne and/or very oily skin. Jessner peels consist of salicylic acid, lactic acid and resorcinol, which makes it both effective and gentle.
Our Jessner Peel is designed to remove superficial layers of skin and will cause frosting almost immediately upon application, resulting in extensive peeling and eventually leading to smooth, rejuvenated skin. The Jessner Peel can be used to improve a number of skin conditions, including acne, sun damage, age spots, moderate wrinkles and fine lines. Jessner is a drying peel, and while it is frequently used on a variety of skin types, it may not be the ideal choice for clients with very dry or sensitive skin. Darker skin tones (particularly Fitzpatrick Scale 4, 5, and 6) should proceed with caution due to an increased risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from resorcinol exposure.
Directions for using a Jessner Home Skin Peel
1. Prepare your skin by using Retin-A (Skin Rx Clinics Retinol Night Cream) for 2 to 3 weeks prior to using the Jessner peel.
2. Wash your skin thoroughly with a mild cleanser before applying the solution.
3. Apply Pre Peel Prep solution to remove excess oil and further cleanse your skin. Let the skin dry.
4. Apply the Jessner solution to a Fan Brush applicator and gently stroke over your face beginning with the forehead. Avoid the area around the eyes and lips. Use petroleum jelly to any areas you do not want the solution to peel. Ensure you apply an even coat of the solution.
5. Leave the solution on for 2-3 minutes if this is your first application.
6. With a cotton or gauze pad, apply Post Peel Neutralizer and rinse well with cool water.
7. Allow your skin to heal for 3-4 weeks before repeating. Perform a Test Patch at-least 24 hours before applying the Jessner Skin Peel on your face for the first time. 8. Follow directions included for post peel care. Moisturize the skin daily following the peel. We recommend our Willowherb Soothing Serum or Herbal Moisture Cream.
Always Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher daily. Hydrating Protection Sunblock SPF 30 Moisturizer.Jessner Peel is designed to remove superficial layers of skin. A Jessner peel consists of a peeling agent that can be used to lighten areas of hyperpigmentation and to treat aged and sun damaged skin. It smoothes and rejuvenates skin, producing beautiful results in treating mild to severe acne (and contributing to the healing process), discoloration, moderate wrinkling, and sun damage. The Jessner peel is very beneficial for oily, or thicker skin, because it tends to decrease oil production and open clogged sebaceous follicles.