Our Jessner Peel (14%) is a popular formula that is well suited for clients with extensive skin damage, cystic acne and/or very oily skin. Jessner peels consist of salicylic acid, lactic acid and resorcinol, which makes it both effective and gentle.
Directions for using a Jessner Home Skin Peel
1. Prepare your skin by using Retin-A (Skin RX Clinics Pro-Med Face Cream) nightly for 2 to 3 weeks prior to using the Jessner peel.
2. Wash your skin thoroughly with a mild cleanser before applying the solution.
3. Apply Peel Prep solution to remove excess oil and further cleanse your skin. Let the skin dry.
4. Apply the Jessner solution to a cotton or gauze pad and gently stroke over your face beginning with the forehead. Avoid the area around the eyes and lips. Use vaseline or petroleum jelly to any areas you do not want the solution to peel. Ensure you apply an even coat of the solution.
5. Leave the solution on for 2-3 minutes if this is your first application. Later applications from 5-10 minutes.
6. With a cotton or gauze pad, apply Post-Peel Neutralizer and Rinse well with cool water.
7. Allow your skin to heal for 3-4 weeks before repeating.
The Jessner peel is very beneficial for patients with oily, or thicker skin, because it tends to decrease oil production and open clogged sebaceous follicles.